- As Game Designer you will be responsible for designing and balancing features, systems, mechanics, and game content. Your focus will be to develop innovative game features that improve customer acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization.
- You will work closely with the creative director, designers, producers, engineers and artists during the production, launch and live operations of mobile social/casual/freemium games.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Generating new ideas and proposals for mobile social games. Work closely with the Creative Director
- Developing innovative game features that improve customer acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization
- Balancing and adjusting game-play experiences to ensure critical and commercial success.
- Balance game pacing/progression and in-game resources/economy to both ensure the long term retention of players and to optimize
- monetization Enhancing products through social mechanics and networking
- Prototyping and designing gameplay and features
- Designing user interfaces and tutorials
- Working with artists and programmers to facilitate development and iteration of features
- Respond to feedback, analytics, and test results in a constructive manner with logical and reasoned suggestions/solutions to improve on designs
- Create and maintain documentation for all game aspects
- Research and remain current on industry trends including new game genres, design methods, game themes and mechanics
- A passion for both playing and creating games
- An active interest in mobile gaming and social networking
- Strong motivation to take on any tasks needed to complete a project
- At least 5 years’ experience as a game designer (include at least 2 year as leader), preferably with casual or social games
- Experience with game engines and understanding scripting languages such as C++
- Experience with game documentation including creation of visuals using tools like Photoshop,
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Previous technical experience is a plus
Ideal candidate must have
An experience of Monetisation, game balancing, social features, reward structure, viral aspects – An understanding of usability principles – An understanding of statistics and analytics – An understanding of the dynamics of online communities and social media – Fluent English skills (spoken and written).