- Develop artistic elements that will constitute the artistic representation of ideas, provide inspiration and become references for the artistic direction of the project.
- Assist in establishing the style of the project and be a reference for all elements of art production (Environment, Character, UI etc.);
- Maintain consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and carry out revisions as required;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
- Produce environment concept art and in-game mock ups, focusing particularly on lighting and post effects;
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and Leads into work;
- Effectively communicate basic visual intentions to the entire art department;
- Support the Lead Artist and/or Art Director in any related ad hoc tasks.
- Understand best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Strong drawing and conceptualization skills with an ability to adapt to established styles;
- Anatomical and architectural knowledge;
- Knowledge of fundamental illustration skills including composition, perspective and colour theory;
- Good observation and research skills;
- Knowledge of form, composition, use of detail and visual story telling;
- Digital illustration skills; advanced understanding of Photoshop;
- Good understanding of relevant 2D and 3D software;
- Knowledge of the video game development pipeline.
- Relevant working experience in concept art or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s’ degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training